Wednesday, August 26, 2009

listening to the day


my eyes open
my heart alive
the sun rises as warmth grabs
an echo of love I still cannot fully grasp
footsteps
a worn path
green grass
glistening water draws me
innocence.....patience
melody fills my ears, my mind
inspiration floods
tears are choked inside a calm and restless heart
wind swirls as dark clouds roll
raindrop
looking up the storm will pass
drowning in conviction
and hope
raindrops
remembering
the Sun returns
alone
surrounded
the road is noisy and carries on
but I am never the same

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Beautiful, Laura. I love the line "tears are choked inside a calm and restless heart" - it really speaks to me, maybe because that's how I've been feeling since my grandpa died. I also love the way you've integrated your pictures to further capture the mood. Lovely.